Digital Conversations

Wednesday, January 28

A Question of Age

I am always astonished when i go into the SAQ and they ask me for my identification to prove that i am not 17! Yesterday, out running my morning errands, decide to pick up something for dinner (was having company..) anyways, the store is relatively empty and i have bags from all the local stores (fruiterie, saucissier etc..) After plopping the bottle on the counter and digging through my pockets for money, the cashier asked to see some identification..
Ok
I know that to some people, this might be a compliment.. but dammit, im going to be 31 years old!! I tried to smile and fish out my ID, pretending i was complimented, but quite honestly, it happens too often for my liking, and i truely believe that if you actually look at my face, see the lines, you can tell im not 17!
I dont mean to complain
or whine
but what am i supposed to do to 'look my age'??
Wear sequined sweaters and 'slacks'??
Oh well....guess the lesson here is to always make sure i carry my identification and pray that when im 45 they still think i'm 17 (cause maybe by then i;ll take it as a compliment!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home