Digital Conversations

Monday, February 2

There's a Time and a Place for Everything...

Obviously, not everyone knows that! I couldnt agree with you more!! I think Sashay may have a few words on it as well heh! We went to go see the last samurai (i liked it alot despite tom cruise!) and the chatting .. not even whispering was insane! It got to the point that a shouting match ensued, telling these yappers to shut the f*ck up!

And then the use of cell phones...
in the theaters... in the classrooms.... in meetings... unless your a surgeon being called in for an emergency i cannot understand what the hell is SO important to these people that they cant put their phones on silent - hell my phone is on silent by default!!

With the risk of sounding older then i am (in age maybe not in spirit heh) I cant help but think it is a generational thing.. a generation raised with flash images and instant gratification, seems ADD is rampant these days... I was sitting in my media class, the desks are basically one long line of desks stuck together, so there is no space between each desk, the girl beside me (in her early twenties i assume) was sitting there text messaging the entire class... clickety clack click click click... frantic clicking with stiffled giggles.. worse thing is, she was sitting in the front row, right in front of the prof.! Nonetheless, that coupled with the two people who sit behind me in that very same class, who feel the need to whisper non-stop during the entire 3 hours of class - makes my blood boil... i cannot understand why these people were never taught that there is a time and a place for everything, who knows, they were probably chatting through that life lesson as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home