Digital Conversations

Friday, April 23

The nature of knowledge

I've been on an odd hiatus, supposedly studying but in reality dithering away time, trying not to study, procrastinating busily. It is odd how deadlines of this nature affect me - I can be in my office all evening and emerge after 5 hours without having accomplished anything truly concrete and yet somehow feel like I've been productive.

Anyway, I haven't thoroughly reviewed the many new entires here yet -- Kelly has certainly been thinking a lot of deep thoughts again. I'm looking forward to catching up to her soon, when this final exam in classical social theory is done done done on Monday night.

In the interim, considering studying for an exam is all about acquiring knowledge, it seemed only fitting fro me to put an entry here to this excellent chewy article about the links between Kant, Hegel and Durkehim, in particular through Durkheim's idealist conceptions of human knowledge as a collective representations that functionally preserve morality and therefore social order.

After all, that's all studying is about, really - reading and hopefully absorbing concepts created by others then applying them to the reality of the questions on the final exam.

And Kelly? I will do my best to catch up next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home