Digital Conversations

Monday, April 19

Political Sociology

I am reading Hannah Arendt again, (The Human Condition) for my poli sci final exam, and as i read through it, i keep asking myself where is the political aspect that my professor continuously goes on about when he states (over and over again) "For Arendt, its all political" .. it might be the sociologist in me, but I see so much sociology and very little political theory. Yes, she talks about the dichotomy of man between uniqueness and sameness with all other men, and that it is precisely this sameness that creates the political. But other then that, i see alot of social theory on agency and society and little political theory. If anyone can help me see this article from a purely political perspective, i would greatly appreciate it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home