Digital Conversations

Tuesday, August 24

Chilly Nights & New Books

A definite sign that summer is almost over. As i struggle to meet my end of summer deadlines, i can't figure out where the time went. June began full of ambition and enthusiasm while August ends exhausted.

My stint as a Research Assistant is nearly over, and starting in September, i go back to being a regular student. It's with mixed emotions that i tie up the last loose ends on the projects i was paid to fulfill. My professor emailed me the other day asking to meet so that i could pass on the work i have felt so close to to a new research assistant - although i look forward to less deadlines, i am also saddened to see someone else continue my work. Sort of like watching your children grow up i suppose. [My daughter just turned twelve, is almost as tall as i am and can stay alone in the apartment in the afternoons - handing over her indepence should have prepared me to hand over my work]

I am heading into my last undergraduate year, again, a milestone that felt like it would never arrive. I started my degree in 1995 at another university, 2 children later, i will see my graduation 10 years later. I am both excited and nervous to move into my Master's (granted i get accepted that is). Sometimes, you do something for so long, you can't imagine it ever ending. Although i took an academic break from start to finish, i never thought i would actually see it end. I am constantly reminded that 'your bachelor's is nothing'; to move on and look forward to what is ahead. I guess i am just afraid that there is nothing ahead...

On that note, i should get back to work - deadlines are coming fast - and i wouldnt mind a few days off between sessions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home