Digital Conversations

Tuesday, September 14

Personal Victory

After a long and stressfull battle with university administration, i have been accepted into the Honour's program. Although i did not fit the academic standards of an honour's student, i am being rewarded for determination.

Over the years, i had come to terms with the fact that i would rather struggle through a challenging class and come out with a mediocre grade giving something all my effort and learning something. When the idea of an honour's degree was introduced to me, there was some speculation as to whether i should continue on that difficult path. I had had many conversations debating my academic integrity and decided that i would not change my path.

Encouraged nonetheless by supportive faculty, letters of recommendation and many... many... phone calls later, i am finally admitted into the honour's program on my terms (so to speak...i do have probationary conditions, but those i can live by!).

I am extremely happy - and this will make the Master's application a bit easier =)
Guess it's time to buckle down and show the administration that you can't judge a person by their gpa.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home