Digital Conversations

Thursday, October 21

How do you spell relief?

After much hard work - thank you sashay for all of your guidance and advice - my presentation has been delivered to rave reviews. The slides worked well, and the content was well received and like most things i work on, there is room for about 5 more papers stemming from this point.

Much to my chagrin, i inadvertently started this current piece of work from the structural functionist perspective - how role identity is constructed to serve the purpose of the overall structure of the institution (of society that is). Now, upon first glance this could have been seen (and was on my part) but the good news is, i found out after a well needed chat with my advising professor that in essence, the foundation of my work was indeed based in role theory, but that my arguement actually demonstrated the deconstruction of the theory in terms of role identity and definitions within the game of EverQuest. Alas! Another paper has been born.

The work is paying off - it felt great to present what has been in my head and on many pieces of paper to a productive group of people. It has given me the confidence in what i am doing, which has been something else i have been working on.

A well-earned drink will be consumed after my exam tonight I promise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home