Digital Conversations

Friday, April 15

Images to Words
I have to say, i have a new found respect for my friend over at WhimsyInc. for being able to use images to express so much. I am working on a presentation for monday, where i am attempting to make a simple MS Slide show that will demonstrate the issues i am discussing to save on the verbal descriptions. When i first started this part of the project, i thought nothing of it, figured it would be as simple as finding a few screenshots, taking some of my own, and stringing them together. Although that is mostly what i did, it dawned on me that a simple screenshot may have been fully representive to me - someone who has been playing the game for almost 6 years, and as the one describing my version of the phenomena of identity in mmo's - but to someone who has never logged into a game, who has a hard time to fathom the game space and interaction that occurs there, the task of accumulating and organizing screenshots that will not get a direct explanation was far more difficult then i could have ever anticipated. My hats off to you Neale.

1 Comments:

  • Wow, thanks so much for the kind words, Kelly. Too bad I haven't been involved in much game-related stuff. I hope you guys in GameCode have been doing well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 21/4/05 10:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home