Digital Conversations

Monday, May 16

Help for Gamers
When I saw this news title over at Yahoo!, my eyes were already rolling before i clicked the story link. Interestingly, the article had nothing to do with addiction and self help, but with the weekends hot searches.

It also showed me that i dont read the fine print - heh. Below the title, it said "What's a walkthrough? Searches prove it's a crucial element of a hardcore gamer's life.

I find it interesting that walkthroughs and the like are now considered a mainstream part of gaming, and not considered to be 'cheating'. Although this idea is up for debate (a recurring topic over at Terra Nova), walkthroughs are becoming more and more a part of the game... makes me wonder if the designers take this into consideration when designing a game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home