Digital Conversations

Monday, May 2

Shift in Thinking
It is with pride and relief that I announce that as of 10:30am saturday morning, the official end of my BA arrived. I am now working on other projects that require just as much attention and just as much work, but I've realized this morning that there is a shift in how I am approaching the readings I am doing as research - not as 'required reading' to be ingested, internalized and regurgitated in a standardized fashion. Until further notice, I am not longer expected to simply repeat what I am reading to prove I am 'learning'.

I am now working on research for the EverQuest Reader project, as well as my DiGRA paper. In these works, I am not looking to prove to someone that I did my homework per se, but I get to be critical, work towards my point of view, work outside the box I feel i have had such a hard time staying inside while doing my BA. I get to say what i want to say, and yes i may get criticized, but i wont get penalized. I feel in many ways, I have arrived to a point in my life where i can work on things that i want to do, not because i have to but because i WANT to.

Its both scarry and exhilirating .. i only hope i can keep up.

1 Comments:

  • What can I say -- many many many congrats. Ohmygosh - I can't even remember what it was like when I finished my BA... ok now this is sad.

    -b

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/5/05 8:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home