Digital Conversations

Sunday, September 18

Conforming to Simplistic Thought

After much deliberation, reading and converstation, I created my genealogical tree of classical sociology represented by theorists.
Although I stand by my earlier post, my common sense tells me that I should stay somewhat into the 'typical' concept of classical social theory. So, when i think of "dead white guys" who forged the way of social theory, these are some of the names that come to mind.
My goal was to not give any hierachy to any one theorist or clustered concept, but to demonstrate that they bear equal importance in terms of creating a foundation regardless of linear time. I must admit, this assignment was alot harder then I had expected. Not that I have no concept of classical sociology, but to work within normal boundaries when thinking it through. (thanks you guys for talking me through it)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home