Digital Conversations

Thursday, September 29

Old Technology - New Owner
I am the proud new owner of a NEC MobilePro 790 PocketPC. Although this puppy is from 2001, and therefore considered quite dated technology-wise - i am very happy with my ebay purchase. At only 1.7 lbs and a whopping 1.1" thick, I can throw this in my bag with my books and my new thermos (thank you again sashay!) and off i go. Small as it is, the keyboard is 85% the size of a standard laptop keyboard, the screen is 8" x 3" so i can see the full width of my documents and is quite easy to use. I am sad that i cannot change the color of my background in Word docs (but maybe i just havent figured out how yet) and have no clue how to get on the internet (but it is possible)

For note taking and agenda - it is well worth the $200.00 i paid (well, i won the auction at $107USD but shipping and duty and blah blah blah later....) I still use my toshiba laptop for more complex portable duties, but for now, i have a new toy - yipee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home