Digital Conversations

Sunday, September 11

The Semester Ahead

Looking forward to this semester. Although slightly intimidating for me to be working on my Master's degree, I am excited to be in a program that looks challenging and mind expanding (finally!). This semester, I will be taking a methods course - which I was dreading in the beginning, but it actually looks like a good course that will help me focus on the details of my thesis.

I am also taking a theory course - Classical Social Theory - dont know what that will look like yet as my first class is tomorrow night. And finally, a course called Sociology of Culture. The readings look challenging - 5 books:
Marxism & Literature
Revolutions du Capitalisme: Paris
Simmel On Culture
Undoing Gender
World Beyond Difference

Ill try to post my thoughts as I work through the readings. Other then course work, im looking forward to another semester of working for gameCODE, social events and more Everquest play/research ..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home