Digital Conversations

Sunday, October 30

Digital Memories & Amnesia

In a web of hyperlinks and google searches, it is hard to remember what you saw and where. The talk of (cyber)footprints, security features that allows one to trace the steps of a user in cyberspace interests me, but tell me - how do I find that great site i stumbled across through links, windows and IM's months ago.

As I often do when I lose something, I try to retrace my steps... walk around my apartment and slowly...silently talk to myself through from the moment i walked in the house and put my keys down right through to the moment that I sat down to watch television... How much harder is it to retrace my steps online ... months later? Fragments of images remain in my mind... if i close my eyes, i can see the white background, remember what the text was saying .. but for the life of me, I cannot remember how i got there...

And so, in a space where i spend over 1o hours a day, everyday... links, pages and games - my memory is so overloaded with images and memories that it drives me to a sort of navigational amnesia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home