Digital Conversations

Sunday, January 29

Metal Gear Solid 3: Rivetting
Spent another Friday evening cuddled up in bed with my partner, youngest daughter, popcorn and the PS2. It happened quite by accident as my partner had decided to replay Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, and I got sidetracked by the cut scenes. There are an enormous amount of cut scenes that constantly interrupt gameplay - which my partner found annoying at times, wishing he could just get on with the fighting. Ironically, as a spectator I was annoyed at the interuptions as well, but not for the same reasons... I was annoyed at the interruptions of my movie - the game play disturbed the flow for me, so I found myself telling him to hurry up and "kill that guy already!". Some nicely done voice-overs, and pretty decent (if not cheezy at times) dialogue. Philosophies on world peace and the path of inner strength and inner peace. I found it poetic - my partner found it painstakingly long.

On a complete side note; I found it interesting that while Snake (and other male cast members) battled on throughout the game, they got increasingly dirtier. When Snake is getting tortured, he has lacerations and bruises, blood and scrapes. Oddly enough, the girls never suffered such dirt and blood during and after battles. Their make-up appeared freshly applied, and their clothes stayed clean - even The Boss' white body suit... To be fair, when Eva gets impaled by a stick (through both back and front) she did have a small, neat red circle on her jumper. But that cleaned up nicely.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home