Digital Conversations

Thursday, February 2

Intellectual Liminality
There has been an outpouring of call for papers for upcoming conferences, special edition journals and whatnot, yet I have not been able to write an abstract for any one of them. I have been wrestling with this (as some of you know) lately, wondering where my ambition has gone these days.

I realized, thanks to a colleague, that I just don't have anything new to say at the moment. I am still working on my coursework, and a few other organizational tasks, not to mention my children. I feel, in a lot of ways, that my rush of ideas that have driven me over the last 2 years is coming to a slowing halt. It is not that I am no longer interested in what I am doing, but that I feel I need to wrap this body of work on identity, structure and mmo's (cumulated over the last 2 years) into my thesis.

Don't get me wrong - once my thesis is written, I expect to climb up another mountain of ideas and want to share them with the world. But for now, I don't want to say what I have already said just to be 'productive'. I am still young (academically) and have many years ahead of myself to burn myself out ;o)

On that note, back to reading course material!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home