Digital Conversations

Thursday, March 9

International Academic Censorship
And the good ole US of A. I was perplexed to read this over at jill/txt. I guess this type of censorship is in the name of 'homeland security'? Although the author states that the content of the research is not political but on the topic of geography etc. this makes me think of a question my contemporary theory professor raised at the beginning of the semester - are all actions political? Is simply being a citizen of one country or another a political issue? And what does this mean in the grander scheme of the international intellectual community? I am saddened that knowledge is being filtered by location of birth. (Although very sadly, not surprised)

2 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/3/06 11:46 p.m.  

  • Hi!
    This is perhaps an odd way to contact you, but I didn't have your email. I'm a journalism student at Concordia, and I want to do my final feature article on the study of gaming that you're involved in. I started with Professor Simon, who suggested I contact you and Mark Silverman, but didn't pass along your emails (and he seems to be to occupied now to answer mine), so I followed your name link from the Gamecode site over here.
    If you could please drop me a line at dragoncat at gmail dot com, I'd really appreciate it. Not only do I want to get material for my assigment, I frankly just want to know more about this. I play WoW, and I like MMORPGs a lot, but I never knew this field existed. It looks fascinating.
    Thank you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 15/3/06 11:06 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home