Digital Conversations

Monday, March 20

Multi-Media Projects
As the days tick by, I have been thinking about my final project for the Cinema, video games and interactive fiction course I am taking. I already have my topic as I have posted quite some time ago, but now, I am looking at how I will present it. Being a 'sociologist', I usually write traditional, theory based papers.

Given that I have a large contemporary theory paper to write (on blogging as confession a la Foucault) and a lenghty methodology paper (exploring the multitude of methods currently being used in Game Studies), I am eager to step outside of the box.

So, in the spirit of multi-media, I have come up with a great (I hope) idea for presenting my final work. The goal of the assignment is to explore how I have learned to play FFX-2, and how I 'learn' or understand my film (NBC). I am thinking of handing in a cd-rom with a offline 'website' design with links to different 'chapters' of my assignment. I am thinking big right now, with film clips of play, self and film; blog entries and chat discussions. Tie this all together with voice over and text and I might have a hit on my hands ...

Now to execute it - ideas are always the easy part!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home