Digital Conversations

Sunday, June 11

Rose Online

My daughter started playing this mmorpg - Rose Online, geared towards pre/teens (7 day or 35hour free trial). The graphics are adorable, as you play slight anime children who fight jelly beans, flowers and pumpkins (so far that is). You can play the usual gamut of classes (fighter, caster, healer and vendor). But what I like the most about it, is that although there are quite a number players, given their age range, there is little online in terms of out of game, third party information sites - which makes the exploration of the game a little more fun (in my opinion - a little more frustrating in my daughter's).

What I find interesting is that she enjoys the rpg game, but is not interested in communicating with the other players. Surely age and shyness has something to do with it, but the odd thing is (imo) is that she is not really interested in playing single player rpg's that would give her the play she likes without the hassle of other players. Back to the playing alone together theory I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home