Digital Conversations

Saturday, November 11

Trials & Tribulations - an ending with a smile

It is over. The conference - or rather - symposium, that I have been organizing with my colleague, on digital research methods. I would like to post in depth about the presentations and the discussions, but I will do so when I am rested and refreshed.

It has been a wonderful marathon. We could not have asked for anything more. The detail oriented (or obsessive compulsive as some might say) tendencies that my colleague and I both possess paid off greatly. But most of all, it was stimulating and inspiring - it motivated me to work rigorously on the sprint to the finish line of my MA. I was inspired by the friendliness, the collaborative - ness (if thats a word) and overall shared perception of what we all wanted the symposium to be and made it so. As it was small (we had at most 35 people I believe) - people stayed for every panel, participated in the social events and quite honestly, really connected. In some ways, I am very sad that it is over. But very very (ad infinitum) happy that we, Shanly and I brought this to the table and it was brought to life by each and every person who attended the symposium.

1 Comments:

  • Thanks for a great conference! I'm afraid I highlighted the food too much in my earlier praises (and it was awesome, indeed) but I also greatly enjoyed the opportunity to meet new people working in similar areas and talk shop. And I'm already looking forward to T&T 2.0 in Toronto. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/11/06 8:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home