Digital Conversations

Tuesday, February 13

Thesis Writing 2.0: After the draft

After meeting with my advisor yesterday, I am slowly coming to terms with the fact that I was nowhere near done my thesis regardless of page count. Fooling myself into thinking that I was almost done writing, the meeting was a well needed reality check. Although the "frame" of what I wanted to say is good, it remains a frame. Luckily, every page has comments scribbled in the margins to help me focus on what it was I was really trying to do.

So - my deadline has shifted - March 1st is now what I am aiming for, but after my meeting yesterday, I feel a bit better that the deadline is a soft one - that I might finish earlier, or later, but what really matters is getting what I have to say out of my head and down coherently on paper. It frustrates me that I know what it is I am trying to say - and when in conversation, I can express it in a thousand different ways, but when it comes to organizing it on paper - it gets lost in hundreds of convoluted sentences and misplaced paragraphs.

Indeed, it is a learning process - one that will make me stronger if it doesnt kill me first. Here's to another bout of writing (will have to lay off the DDR for a bit!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home