Digital Conversations

Thursday, March 1

Hard Work & Procrastination

Like peanut butter and jelly, hard work and procrastination go hand in hand. Its March 1st, and my thesis is officially one full month behind schedule. It is not like I have not worked on it - and when I have it has been wholly productive for the most part (except those moments when tears trickle down my face in horror and anxiety when looking at my dismantled lit. review). But for the most part, I have been happy with the progress I have made WHEN I've made it.

On the side of procrastination ... there has been a few questions that were distracting me. Like, why do we call it a "leap year" when we actually ADD a day and not skip a day in February? And another deep question to ponder, while eating popcorn one night, taking way too much time looking at each and every popped kernel, I wondered ... Is popcorn like snowflakes? Are there ever two popped in the same shape? And another brain teaser ... How do they make microwave popcorn... I mean, when I first started buying it years ago, it took 4 minutes to pop in my microwave, now the instructions have it down to 2 minutes... and I didnt change my microwave.. so WHAT are they doing to these poor kernels that make em go pop so much faster?

Thank god for Google is all I can say.

On that note - back to work for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home